SHEARMAN LIVESTOCK & CONTRACTING
On Farm Slaughter & Mobile Butchery
We process your animals on farm for your personal consumption. Due to regulations no meat can be sold off farm.
On Farm Slaughter
We come to you and slaughter your animals on your property. This eliminates the risk of stressing the animals out transporting them to an abattoir. Your animals are treated with care and respect and are killed humanely. You can choose to be present for this process or sit this part out.
Coolroom & Equipment Supplied
We provide everything needed. Our purpose built processing unit comes complete with a coolroom large enough to hold 16 x 25kg lamb bodies. The work area is temperature controlled, immaculately clean and has all the required equipment to break down your stock into the desired cuts.
Cutting & Packaging
We return after 3-7days and cut up your animals to your requirements. As the whole process is done on your property you can rest assured that you will be getting your own meat back and all of it! We can prepare animals for everything from spit roasts through to roasting portions down to BBQ chops and anything else you desire or require.
As well as high quality steaks and roasts we can also do quality mince, corned meats and sausages. Mince and corned meats are included in the per kg price however sausages attract additional fees. Only the highest quality natural casings are used.
Plain Sausages - Thick + $2.50/kg made
Thin = $4/kg made
Flavoured / Gourmet - Add $1 per kg to the above prices
What We Require
Here are a few simple things we require to make the process go smoothly.
- PROPERTY ACCESS - Minimum Clearance of 3 Meters.
- RELIABLE 24OV POWER - Ideally Within 20 Meters of The Coolroom.
- FLAT GROUND - Level Ground Where The Coolroom Can Be Setup.
- ACCESS TO WATER- This is preferred however not essential.
- SECURE YARDS - The animals need to be in a secure pen to make dispatch easy and stress free.
- FOOD & WATER - Animals must be taken off food and water at least 4 hours prior to slaughter.
- NO PETS - We ask all dogs be restrained and kept away from the area when we are working.
- WASTE DISPOSSAL - The owner is responsible for removal of all waste, If this may be an issue please mention it early as we may be able to make arrangements to remove it for you.
Current as of 06/02/2020
Sheep / Mutton
Spit Pigs (under 30kgs)
Deer, Goats, Alpacas
(YOUR CHILLED BODIES)
Cull or injured cattle can be processed for pet food, minced/cut and packaged. Prices range from $2.50/kg^ to $3/kg^ depending on the packaging and qty bagged.
^ DRESSED WEIGHT
PRICE PER ANIMAL MAY VARY BASED ON SIZE AND REQUIRED BUTCHERING. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR AN ACCURATE QUOTE BASED ON YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
THESE PRICES ARE A GUIDE ONLY FOR BASIC BUTCHERING.
All of the above prices are excluding travel.
$1.20/km one way
$1.20/km one way
Kill, Butcher & Pack
$2.00/km one way
6 Lambs To Be Killed, Cut & Packaged
35km Travel One Way
12 kgs Of Sausages Made
THIS COVERS SLAUGHTERING, TRAVEL, BUTCHERING, COOLROOM HIRE, PACKAGING, LABELLING AND SAUSAGES
All travel charges start at..
145 Fullerton Cove Road, Fullerton Cove, 2318 NSW
We now only service areas within 100km of Williamtown NSW